Thank you to everyone who helped make our retreat unforgettable! The kids had an amazing time! Also, a BIG thank you to Mrs. Aboujaoude for all your hard work organizing the day!
Hope you’re enjoying the new year! We have a few tests coming up in the next two weeks.
- Friday 1/19: Chapter 16 religion test
- Tuesday 1/23: Chapter 4 math test and social studies chapter 2 test (on lessons 1 and 2 only)
- Thursday 1/25: Grammar test on verbs-part 1
Next week is also the very first Third Grade Career Week! If you haven’t already, please take a look at the sign-up sheet if you are interested in speaking to the class about your career. If you are unavailable, the student will read his/her report to the class. Thank you for your participation. The class is very excited!
Tuesday: Feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe. The students can bring a flower for the processional that will take place after morning assembly. Also, due to an after-school obligation, homework club will be cancelled Tuesday. Book reports are due today!
Wednesday: Unit 2 grammar test and talent show tryouts. Students can wear jeans for $1 to raise money for children in Burundi.
Friday: Christmas party and book exchange. It is also spirit dress day with early dismissal and no Share and Care.
Welcome back! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving break. We have a very busy week ahead of us.
- The class will be assigned their first book report for Charlotte’s Web. Attached are the directions. It will be due December 12.Book report directions
- Thursday: Chapter 3 math test and Christmas Music Performance at 1:30. Students are to wear their Christmas or Sunday best for the show.
- Friday: Dress-up day, first Friday Liturgy, and early dismissal
– Harvest Festival tomorrow 1:30-2:50
– Wednesday: Dress-up day for the Solemnity of All Saints Liturgy at 11:00
– Thursday: Grammar test on unit 1
– Friday: Dress-up day for Mass- Our class is in charge of Mass and we would love if you could join us in the celebration! We will also have a religion test on chapter 9.
Parent-Teacher conferences are next week. If you have not signed up, the schedule is located in the front office. As a reminder, please be sure to bring your child to the conference.
We have a very exciting week!
- Monday: red head-to-toe
- Tuesday: crazy hair day, crazy socks and crazy shoes with PE uniform
- Wednesday: Pajama day (please see newsletter for guidelines)
- Thursday: Team jersey with PE shorts
- Friday: Spirit dress
Thursday there will be a chapter 2 math test.
Sunday is our pancake breakfast. Thank you to those who donated items for our Chocolate Lover’s Basket!
Another exciting week at STA! Students can wear pink shirts with jeans and a $1 donation to help support breast cancer research. The Making Strides Walk will take place Sunday morning at 7:00 at Balboa Park.
This week we will have a religion and social studies test on Friday. We will be reviewing social studies chapter 1 all week, and a study guide will be completed in class.
Also, please don’t forget to donate items for our “Chocolate Lovers” basket for the pancake breakfast! I promise not to eat all the treats in class!
I cannot believe it is the fifth week of school already! Time is flying by and we are having so much fun in third grade. If you have not gotten a chance, please take a look at our blog: nmurphysta.edublogs.org. Please ask your child for the password–I’m sure they would love to show you what they’ve been working on!
Here are a few important announcements for the week:
- Tuesday: Force and Motion science test (we made flashcards last week and have been reviewing the information in class. A study guide will come home tonight.)
- Thursday: Progress reports go home. Please sign and return.
- Friday: Religion chapter 3 test, spirit-dress
- Next Tuesday 10/3: Grammar test on capitalization, punctuation, and spelling
- Wednesday 10/4: Blessing of the animals at morning assembly
- Next Friday 10/6: Chapter 1 math test, and religion chapter 4 test.
- Friday is also Grandparents Day!
Lastly, congratulations to Eden for winning the spirit-shirt drawing competition! Please be sure to order one of our newly designed shirts!
This year the school is doing a new type of fundraiser. The students have the opportunity to design our new spirit dress shirt! Details can be found in the newsletter, and all submissions are due Wednesday.
On Friday, students can wear jeans for $1 to help raise money for the hurricane fund. This will also be the make-up picture day for anyone who missed it on Friday. School pictures need to be in dress-up uniform. Friday is also early dismissal.
Thank you to everyone who attended Back to School Night! It was so nice to meet all of you!
This week the class will have their first religion test on chapter 1. We will review the material Monday, and then they will take the test Tuesday. I always encourage the students to take their books home to study and review the information.
Friday is Picture Day, so the students will need to wear their dress-up uniforms.